Monday 5 September 2011

Start at the very beginning....................well almost.

It is difficult to comprehend, but I felt it was time to log my footballing travels. The main problem is that after years of watching 'Hednesford Town' during my youth in the 1970's, and visiting a couple of dozen different grounds in the process(Walsall, Brereton,Armitage, etc). I then stopped watching football for 12 years. Then in 1991 I returned to the 'Cross Keys' ground Once more and this ultimately lead to an an oddysey of groundhopping over the next 20 years.
I did'nt keep records of the 'olden' days, so for the purpose of this blog and because I have kept many records, I decided that 1991 would be the natural starting point for counting grounds and matches.This means that bizzarely although I had visited the 'Cross Keys' over 200 times, it would now be in fact my First match and new ground in the reborn era.
I thought I would give the match details, followed by a few comments(depending on my memories), and scan the programme covers. I will also try to scan odd snippets from the programmes if they are interesting enough.
The entry format would be something like this:

FA Cup round whatever.
Date.
NEW GROUND TEAM v whoever.(neutral ground would be whoever v whoever at NEW GROUND)

Line ups where available.
Score and scorers.
Attendance.
Remeniscences of the occasion.
Running total of games and grounds. EG Games 1 Grounds 1,/ Games 2/ Grounds 1 etc.
Plus programme scans where available.

Why am I attempting this? Not sure. But it would be nice to keep the records all in One place so why not a blog.
Will I ever complete it?. Not sure again, but I will give it a damn good try.

Let the memories begin........................................





No comments:

Post a Comment